Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Defeat is not the worst of all failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

It's past midnight and although I am tired, I just feel like putting down some thoughts before I go to bed. Today is a drop-dead tiring day, work..appointments and business talks...reached home almost around 11pm and there is a part of me asking, is it worth it? So I decided to list down the reasons why I would venture into business although I have a secure, non-stressful job which pays alright. Here goes:

1. Minus my mountain of commitments (a better word for debts), I am left with little at the end of the month. Sure, every year I get good increments...but then, every year my needs changes too and I'll probably accumulate more debts. In short, I need more money.

2. Someone who joined the business told me he achieved so much now, however too late to contribute to his father as he has passed away. I still haven't contributed much or gave any big rewards to my parents as I am myself struggling to survive in this cruel world. I want to give them the world if I can.

3. I want designer handbags, a closet of fancy clothes, expensive holidays, sport cars, a big house...the list goes on...Yes, people tell me that I should be grateful for what I have and stop dwelling on what others have. But there is this inner voice telling me that as much as I am grateful, I KNOW I can have what others have...if I put my mind and heart into it. So why tell myself this is all my life could offer?

Right now, I can think of 3...cos my brains are already half asleep! Kesimpulannya, I am working my way towards financial freedom. I dont want my future kids to limit what they want, or vice versa...I dont want to limit what I want just because I have kids later...

Some people may not be supportive, but I am not gonna dwell on them wanting to see me fail. Even if I did (which in God's will, it wouldn't), defeat is not the worst of all failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

Goodnite.....Abu (the cat) has been calling me to bed.....so ciao people for now...I'm gonna continue dreaming...until the dreams come true :)

No comments:

Post a Comment